Monday, January 05, 2009

Haiku


HAIKU

Reflect in the moon
      My tears of separation
Each time I look up
-Shiidon, August 1999

This was my first poetic experiment with brevity.  It was an attempt at an Haiku.  The way that so few and precisely chosen words could make such an impact attracted me.  It is simplicity that seems to possess so much beauty and allows much to be left to the imagination.  There is a rush and then you are left to contemplate.

The photo is of the corner of my bedroom.  I should be done redoing it this weekend.  This is a lamp my father made out of a brass piece we picked up in Pakistan on the way back to the States in 1969.  He made the fixture himself inside to hold eight colored lights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aniela said...

AH. . . and the lamp reflects your true colors. . . artistic, lovely, filled with light. . .

WOW!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home