Sunday, April 11, 2010

You and I

YOU AND I

I sit here

And think of you

With myself

What to do


One day

You will appear to me

And then I’ll see

With whom

I was meant to be


But till then

I know not when

Work on myself, I will

And align myself

To His will


To become

One’s true self

We must

Our fixations shelve


Building character

Is what we need

It is of course

Our creed

For we of this

Will always need

A better self

If this we heed


If on you I dwell

The anxieties will swell

And though time will tell

I at times

At the sky doth yell


The solace I carry

Doth not focus

On one to marry

Rather the certainty

That if not here

Together we shall be

In the realm

Of Eternity

-Shiidon, April 2010

I wrote this poem not because of a fixation on "finding someone" but a further detachment from it. I think this poem describes the distance I have from any profound need to be with someone. It is not that I am not open to something but that it is not my focus in life, and even more-so now. For those of you who have found that person in your life, yippie ki-yay! This poem is for the rest of us. Sometimes a person can be so obsessed with finding the "right person" that we forget to live, to enjoy life but be open to the moment, should it come, that we find that special person. If we focus on "finding someone" we miss out on friendships by second guessing intentions. On the other hand, if we are so detached from the subject we risk missing the opportunity to seize the moment should it manifest itself. Life is short and we waste too much time on things we do not have much control over. Maybe you have not thought of this, or maybe I am the last human being alive to realize this but either way, just live and enjoy the short time we have here on this glorious Earth.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home