Monday, March 31, 2008

Cycles

Well, I wish that I knew were these poems came from sometimes. This one I am posting today just started flowing off of my fingers. Upon reflection it is interesting how things intertwine.

I had another session with the folks at BIHE and the English classes I will be teaching this coming term. The term was delayed due to the worsening situation in Iran for the Bahá'í's.
Today I will be taking my daughter to her first day of school here now that she is living with me. This has also brought much reflection. Her worries are how she will look and that she does not embarrass herself. The children in Iran are going through some of the most severe persecution in years. They are being singled out, attacked for defending the truth about our Faith and going to school under severe and hostile conditions. For more information on this, and what you can do, please visit www.Bahai.org

Back to the poem. I truly believe that all the tests we go through we end up growing from. i do not regret any of the tests that i have gone through. I truly know that i am a much better man than i was a few years ago. I have learned much. The truth is that i am learning more. I know that the day that I have learned all that i am supposed to learn will be the day that I am to go to the great beyond, whatever awaits there.


Cycles

As I sit and reflect
On the what would be’s
Thinking of how our destinies
Intertwine without reason apparent
Sometimes hopeful, sometimes a deterrent

We pray and hope for what is best
Not realizing that it brings on tests
What we think is right, now
Waits for later
Once we have grown and become better

Knowing now the answers await
For a time, place and date
When it will all comes together
And for a moment, the tests abate
We see how all before came to relate
To the culmination of the moment
When our souls elate
-Shiidon, March 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home