Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slumber

SLUMBER



As the day draws to a close
Reflecting on the steps I chose
I contemplate, on the good and bad
To which I might add
What could have been done
And the new direction, I've begun

As I lay my head to sleep
I think promises meant to keep
The fatigue of a long hard day
The stress slowly doth give way

How will tomorrow fair
When with today I doth compare
Will the lessons learned, bring insight
Will the morrow be more bright
What did I learn on this day
Will it upon me, hold its sway
Are there lessons, to repeat
Of these I’m sure, are replete

As I start to drift away
Racing to another day
A smile comes to my face
As my heart slows its pace
My soul beckons me to come
Following into the realm beyond
For now that trip must be brief
But from this world it is relief
-Shiidon, July 2008



Reflecting on the Bahá'í Writings on life after death and the mystery that is life itself, I understand there is a mystery to what happens after we close our eyes to sleep. There is a quote I say everyday and it speaks to this to an extent:

O SON OF BEING! Bring thyself to account each day ere thou art summoned to a reckoning; for death, unheralded, shall come upon thee and thou shalt be called to give account for thy deeds.

We sleep, we dream. Many dreams are related to what is happening around us or what has happened to us. However, there are those dreams that end up coming to reality sometimes ten years after the actual dream. Scientists do their best to try to explain this but as I understand it, Bahá'u'lláh says that this experiencing events dreamed of years ago is a sign from God of the afterlife. There are times that I am glad "it was only a dream" and then there are times I am sad that I woke up. Anyway, it is late for me and it is time for me to sleep.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home