Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beloved Reunion

BELOVED REUNION

Where are you

My angel to come

At what point

Will together, we become


It seems an eternity

I have searched

Sometimes myself, besmirched

Looking high and low

Not knowing where to go

Sometimes the feeling

That time is too slow

And yet again, nothing to show


I know for a certainty

That my companion

For eternity

Is out before me

But at what point

Will I see

And where and when

Will I be


For now I pray

As it’s the only way

To make it through

Another day

I dream time to time

Of the day

When you are mine

Just waiting now

For a sign


I do not look for how you’ll be

For I already know

It is what’s meant to be

Me for you and you for me


I have tried before

And found myself

Down on the floor

I did not see the cue

And each time

Needed rescue

But that dream

Of me and you

Oh, but what a view!


I stand waiting

At the mansions door

Waiting for you

To cross the floor


Holding tight

To each other we will

The love we have

will overflow

Will spill


It is to this, I hold on

Telling my troubles, “be gone”


In the end

We to His will

Do bend

At that point

Our hearts will mend


But for now I live

So that one day, I may give

My memories of a life

So far well lived


I look forward to times sand

As it drops, well planned

And see before me

Us walking,

Hand in hand

-Shiidon, April 2010

Well, yet another poem comes to me. To say that this is not partially self reflection would be foolish. However, it is not coming from a place of longing or towards anyone in particular. It is sort of a reflective way of looking at a possible future. We tend, at times, to not live in the moment. We dwell on what could be or "I will do ______ once I am married" or some other such thing. But if we just live and enjoy our lives, should we be blessed with a person to share it with, we can have a lot to share with them on how well we lived the previous years. So I go to the opera, go for walks, pursue the dreams that I have and along the way we shall see.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda O said...

Absolutely my friend! Beautifully said in your poem. Life is meant to enjoy, whether with someone or not. We cannot spend our time waiting for someone to enjoy it with for that may never happen! Luv u my brother and wish u the best! Isn't being a grandfather the best!!!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home