Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reprise

REPRISE

Day by day

Time goes by

We watch

and wonder why


people come and go

some with much

others with little

to show


we look and wonder

is this the one

the one with whom

I belong


Yet time goes on

And to yet another

We are drawn


Send me a sign

We cry

To the Divine

Thinking such request

Benign


Time and again

People come and go

Looking for a sign

To show


Flaw after flaw

We find

Do we mind

If we realize

Others look to us

In kind


So, I reflect on me

What is it to be

Should my flaws

Come to mind

Each day to self remind


Nay!

This is not the way

We need to reflect

Each and every day

On the positive we see

In each other


We are human

By nature flawed

When what we seek

Is towards the Divine, awed


Appreciate the best

Forget the rest

For no one is immune

From similar tests

Are we hewn


The time we have

Is so short

To waste it

On such sport


How much time

Must we waste

In pursuit

Of this chase


Soon we will be

In another place

And this overanalyzing

We shall face

And of the heart?

Not a trace


Feel, laugh and live

For these gifts

Did He, to us give

And instead of emptiness

Let us, the joys relive


In this I know

I am not alone

And I look from others

To be shown

Tis part of what

Its meant to be grown


I for one, care not

Of machinations

I forgot

I look forward with open eyes

Raising my face to the skies

And in wonder

My heart doth rise

There is nothing left

To despise

-Shiidon, April 2010

It is late, I must work tomorrow and am deprived of sleep. Yet, this poem would not let go. It started coming to me and would not let go until it was written. I was reflecting on how sometimes we wait and wait for a sign or for some perfection to show in our lives but in the end we sometimes find ourselves alone. Then again, are we not truly alone as it is. This follows the theme of the most recent posts. It is about living. It is about reaching out. It is about not treading water waiting for rescue and watching boat after boat go by. I am not saying we need to rush into things in life, it's just that we need to avoid regrets. Until next time...



1 Comments:

Blogger Aniela said...

Bravo! Beautiful, Shiidon, our poet. . .
Love to you,
Aniela

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home