Thursday, March 03, 2011

A Truer Sense of Destiny

A TRUER SENSE OF DESTINY

The peace that would

Come over me

Is in the other

That I would see

For once I thought

With another

I was meant to be

A somewhat sense of destiny


But now I sit

Somewhat numb

At this person

That I’ve become

No longer longing

For one to come

To the tides of change

Do I succumb


This new place

That I have found

Has provided me

With new ground

And with new freedom

Am unbound

And new learning of self,

Profound


So much time lost

To distraction

And the inevitable

Inaction

The elusive attraction

And a spiraling reaction


I see new light

Not as rejection

But upon, introspection

And reflection

I have found

My new direction


I no longer

Let time slip by

Contemplating this question, “why”

I move forward, energetically

Fighting off

This entropy


I do not say

That this way, won’t change

I simply say

Tis a life, rearranged

I embrace this new world

More complete

Not lacking

But with assurance, replete


So I advance

Hither and yon

In a new state, do I belong

No path, seemingly wrong

I go forth

A life more strong

The way, I was meant to be

A truer sense, of destiny

-Shiidon, March 2011

Well the second day of fasting is over for me and things are going fine. No food or drink for daylight hours leaves a lot of time to reflect on life it's direction. While I have not experienced any profound changes in life I do feel more and more at peace with the world I find myself in. China still draws at my heart and yet my children and granddaughter are here. My parents are in the sunset of their lives in this realm of existence and I am beginning to find myself taking their place, an elder in waiting so to speak.

I look at the world around and see amazing changes. It looks at first to be chaos and discontent but it is the beginnings of a world that is tired of the yolk of business as usual and that frustration is manifesting itself in a sort of venting. The fruition of a system that will answer these cries for change will come but not yet. We still need to see the flaws in our systems for what they are so that we can improve upon them and find ourselves in a paradigm that will make the world we know now as alien to us as the world of our forefathers. I believe it will happen, but not before much more turmoil, suffering and change. Discontent is rife. So enough of this. What is it I can do? I can continue to be the best person that I can be. I can strive to help my fellow man. I can try to exemplify honesty and service in my daily life. I can continue to write my poetry and stories and try to make a positive impact on my neighborhood and community. One day we will realize how much we are all alike, brothers and sisters in this short but adventurous life.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home