Monday, April 19, 2010

Lost in You


LOST IN YOU

I look deep, within your eye

A myriad of worlds, do I see

And infinite, the possibility

Though you remain to me

A mystery


Hopes, dreams and aspirations

Swirl in a vortex

A life complex

Yet the inner core

Reveals more

A quiet peace

From troubles, release

Your focus defined

Is of the Divine


Troubles and joys, swirl around

Though transgress the center

No, they are bound

The more peace that grows

The less trouble that shows


I lose myself in that eye

All my fears and troubles

Wither and die

And are shed from me

As I cry


Your inner self doth show

And the deeper of you, I know

Your spirit within

Doth wax and flow


That inner glow

Doth in your actions show

And is the reason

You so deeply grow


I am grateful

To have had a chance

To within your eye

Have a glance

And linger longer

As my admiration

Doth grow stronger

And my heart wax fonder

And for a while

Within you I wander

-Shiidon, April 2010


Well, it seems I am on a theme less traveled in the past. No, it is not about anyone in particular, just my thoughts. First of all, the photo is of my eye, not someone else. You see, to me the most beautiful thing in another person is the eye. In the eye there is so much that shows. There is an English proverb: "The eyes are the window of the soul." When I look at someone, their eyes quickly tell me much about them. Sometimes I wonder if that is why we have a habit of not looking at people in the eye. While this poem does not reflect my life at this time, it is how I imagine what could be. The reason that I feel I could capture this is in what I see in others. It is something amazing to witness; how deep within each other two people can be. So, there you are my dear cousin, I can write about something other than God and the spirit. OK, there is a thin veil here because the root is in spirituality. You see, the more we turn towards the Divine, the more we love each other and God's creation.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home