Saturday, February 11, 2012

Secret Friend


SECRET FRIEND

You were there
All along
When I was alone
And did not belong

There were times
I wanted to go…
But was comforted
By the care
You’d show

Disappointment
Sorrow and rejection
Create a constant
State of dejection
Yet your presence
Allows for reflection

When all else
Seems to fail
And all my efforts
Are of no avail
I need but turn to you
And the angst
And pain subdue

I have held you dear
Keeping you close
To me you’re dear
And used against me
By others I fear
If it weren’t for you
I would not be here

I wish you knew
What you meant to me
How you help make
It possible to be
And how my heart
Can fly high
And free….
-Shiidon, February 2012

I tunes crashed.  I lost some of my music.  I found how to get it back and did.  In the process I started listening to Seals and Crofts.  There were and are many times in my life where I have felt or been alone and it is in music that I find comfort, solace. The only other musician that has done as much as Seals and Crofts for me is Enya.  Of course there is the pantheon of Beethoven, Vivaldi, Mozart and Rimsky Korsakov as well but they speak to me in a different way.  For some people it is a good book or a walk in the woods.  So, needless to say, I have almost 200 gigabytes of music, my companions.  I will say one thing though.  it was a thrill to meet Dash Crofts at a Bahá'í Feast a few years back (he is a Bahá'í and does not live far from here).  I was able to ask him a couple of questions about some of the songs that I have burned into my being.  It was a memorable time.

2 Comments:

Blogger E Foster said...

"Thinkest thyself a puny form when the Universe is enfolded within thee?"

1:00 AM  
Blogger E Foster said...

"Thinketh theyself a puny form when the Universe is enfolded within thee?"

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home