Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Life Well Lived


A LIFE WELL LIVED
Mrs. Smith with Brenda

I saw you
In the sunset of live
After many a year
Of joy and strife
Surrounded by love
From those around
And those above

Nary a word
Could be found
That was not of love
So deep, profound

A legacy
You did leave
As witnessed
By those who bereave
And the host that grieve

Your constant smile, lives on
In the memories
Of days long gone
The joys you’ve shared
The way you cared
Tis certain
For the next world
You are well prepared

Tis hard to let go
But in this, we know
A better place
You did go

Tis not the end
Of this I’m sure
You continue to shower
From above
Upon your dear ones
Your eternal love

-Shiidon, March 2012

This poem is for a very special person, Mrs. Trellis Faye Smith.  Ms. Smith was my cousin Ramin's mother-in-law.  She passed away this past week.  I spent many a special day and night in her presence.  It was a blessing to know her and see the love that surrounded her from her loved ones.  I am happy to say that there are enough memories that it is hard to pick one particular one.  My fondest memory is at Ramin and Brenda's daughters wedding.  Johnny and Anisa were to fly back to Texas early enough the day after their wedding that the family gathered at the house and opened presents and spent time sharing and talking.  There was a special spirit present that night.  It was not just a wonderful wedding, it was a moment when paths and times seemed to cross and intersect.  I fondly remember hearing the tale of Ms. Smith and her marriage to her beloved husband.

Relatives are not always family and family are not always relatives.  I appreciate the love and connection that I have been able to make with Mrs. Smith, her daughter Joyce and my dear friend and "cousin" Darwin.  My thoughts and prayers are with you as you say your goodbyes to a life well lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home